WHAT IS LOVE BAGS?
A local ministry founded by Bob Denison and led by Chet Beers at Holiday Park every Tuesday night desiring to reach the homeless in a real tangible way. Their ultimate goal is to love them like Jesus would.
“It is a picnic in the park with friends for Jesus. That’s the picture I would want to leave people with.” – Chet Beers
WHERE DOES IT MEET?
Love Bags meets at Sip Java Coffee Shop every Tuesday night at 8:00 PM for group prayer before heading out to Holiday Park. (Rio organizes a team of volunteers that serve on the last Tuesday of each month.)
The Holiday Park location is the grass area west of the Parker Playhouse entrance.
- From Sip Java, go North on Federal Highway and make a right on Sandy Nininger Drive (Northeast 8th Street). We gather on the left hand side in the grass area corner of Northeast 6th Terrace (next to Parker Playhouse).
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Each week, we need:
- Donation of 5-6 large aluminum foil roasting pans that feed minimum 30 ppl/pan. A mixture of two proteins and side dishes.
- There is always a need for clothes, blankets, bottles of water and love bags.
- Love Bags: A gallon sized zip-lock bag that includes a bottle of water, travel-size hygiene products, snacks or protein bars, socks, etc.
We need volunteers who can:
- Fellowship & share the love of Jesus!
- Set up for food distribution
- Help distribute clothes, love bags or other donated items
- Clean Up
If you have questions about Love Bags or you are willing to sign up as part of a team from Rio that provides the meal and (optionally) serves on the last Tuesday each month, please contact Ana Paulino email@example.com.