WHY STARTING POINT?
Starting Point is your introduction to Rio. You have to go through the class to become a member, but you are not required to join just by taking the class. It is therefore an excellent opportunity to get to know our church and how we operate, even if you don't want to become a member right now.
Starting Point goals:
- Get to know Rio and have a chance to let us get to know you
- Understand our mission and core beliefs
- Learn about community groups and have an opportunity to join one
- Know how to “find your thing and do your thing” at Rio
- Understand the purpose and process for membership
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Each Starting Point class has three sessions:
- Session 1 - Discovering Who We Are
- Session 2 - Discovering Who You Are
- Session 3 - Restoration & Redemption
After which, if you decide to join Rio as a member, there will be a New Member Brunch following the second service, two weeks after the third session. That's where you will be formally received into membership.
Attendance at all class sessions is mandatory. We understand that everyone is busy and this may not fit into your schedule. Things can happen and emergencies can't be predicted, but with only having three class sessions, it is very important that you attend them all. If you are unable to attend all three classes, please consider (or we hope you will consider) a later class when your schedule is more favorable.
Classes meet at 10:30 A.M. (during the second service) in the Attic. The Attic is our Youth and multipurpose facility located on the north end of the second floor of Bethany Christian School. You can find stairs leading up from the small courtyard on the north side of the school.