ABOUT THIS PAGE
This page contains a list of Christian mental health professionals and counselors that we recommend. It's important to know that seeking help from one of them does not replace our need to develop our own "spiritual immune system." Healthy spiritual formation comes from studying your Bible, developing good habits like daily Personal Worship, remaining connected with a loving community of fellow Christians, and receiving God's wisdom and guidance from your pastors. There are times when we need more specialized help, however, and turning to one of these trusted professionals would be a wise choice.
ADOLESCENTS AND TEENS
If you are seeking counseling services for an adolescent or teenager, please contact Mrs. Sandy Ives, our Director of Family Ministries, via email at email@example.com. She will assist you in locating a provider of those specialized services.
During our series on the Psalms, Pastor Matt Lomenick delivered a message that directly addressed mental health and wellness. The message concluded with a panel discussion made up of our pastors (each of whom shared their own stories) and some of the professionals listed below.
Mental Health Statistics
- In the US, nearly one out of every five adults (18.6%) struggles with a mental disorder in a given year.+
- Annual prevalence of mental illness in adolescents 13-18 years old is 21.4%.+
- 60% of adults and 50% of children/adolescents diagnosed with a mental disorder receive no treatment at all.+
- 12-month prevalence of any anxiety disorder among 18.1% of US adults.++
- 12-month prevalence of a major depressive episode among 6.7% of US adults.++
+ Retrieved July 13, 2015
++ Retrieved October 23, 2017
National Institute of Mental Health (www.nimh.nih.gov)
Dr. Don McCulloch
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Professor of Psychology and Counseling, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Marriage counseling
- Pornography addiction
Dr. Heather Clark
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Licensed Psychologist (PY 7620)
- Visiting Professor of Christian Counseling, Knox Theological Seminary
- Life Transitions/Adjustments
Health Psychology (This is the understanding of how biology, behavior, emotion, cognition, and social context influence health and physical illness.)
- Chronic Pain Management
- Coping with Chronic Illness
- End-of-Life Care
- Grief and Loss
- Website: drheatherclark.com
- "Minister Well," a monthly newsletter for ministry leaders, can be viewed and subscribed to through her website.
- Community Resources: Grief Share, Trees of Hope, Celebrate Recovery
Courtney Lancianese, M.S.
- M.S. in Family Therapy
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern (IMT 2370)
- Grief Counseling
- Teen Issues
- Families with Teens
Dr. Richard Faulk, M.D.
- Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology in Psychiatry
- B.A. in Philosophy, Wheaton College
- M.D., Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society)
- Psychiatric Residency at UNC Chapel Hill
Treating Children, Adolescents, and Adults
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Social Phobia
- Panic Disorder
Jason Beaupied, M.A., M.S.
- M.S. in Counseling
- M.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies
- Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (IMH 16239)
- Registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (IMT 2756)
- Adjunct Professor, Palm Beach Atlantic University, Psychology
- Life and Career Transitions
- Couples and Marriage Counseling